Wednesday, 26 July 2017

Colourpop ⛤ First impressions # review, swatches, demo ⛤ UPDATED



So Colourpop is a pretty over-hyped brand that's hard not to notice if you ever end up browsing those  never-ending makeup pits of youtube and instagram. There is an overwhelming number of 5★ reviews on like 98% of their products, and they are very affordable, plus have a lot of unusal interesting colours and shades, + they are also vegan and cruelty free so I just gave in eventually to curiosity and wanted to try some of their products myself~


___________________________________________________________________________________________________________
 2017/Oct/06     So it's been about 3 months since I wrote this review and since then  I picked up some more CP products so I thought I'd write an updated review about these after using them all the time for 3+ months ~
___________________________________________________________________________________________________________
The shipping to Sweden was surprisingly quick, took just a few business days!
When ordering things from the US usually the shipping to Europe is ridiculously expensive, but with Colourpop it's just like 10$ or free if you order over 50$. 


But first I have to mention that the packaging is so cute~~ 
It's minimalistic but not too cheap looking in my opinion.✨ It's creative and shows that they care, even if they probably have tons of orders to attend to all the time.


...And now, onto the review~ 
___________________________________________________________________________________________________________
 So actually since I wrote this review the number of my Colourpop eyeshadows and lipsticks doubled  The updated swatches of all those lip&eye shades will be somewhere below
___________________________________________________________________________________________________________


 Wattles, Cornelius and Full-zip 
 Aphrodisiac and Lunch Money 
~ Swatch time  ~
___________________________________________________________________________________________________________

 Here is an updated arm swatch including all the Super Shock eyeshadows, cheek products and Ultra liquid lipsticks that I currently have from Colourpop. 


 SUPER SHOCK BLUSH&HIGHLIGHTER


 Aphrodisiac is a nice trusty blush I can always reach for. Love the muted beige colour of it, builds up&blends like a dream with a blush or buffing brush.
 Lunch Money is my favourite trusty highlighter, love how it's pale and yellow undertoned. Though application is best with fingers. It's not glittery heavy looking but quite natural and easy to build up. See the first original swatch for true colour (the pic above doesn't represent it well at all, sorry! ) .


 SUPER SHOCK EYESHADOWS

I like the formula of most them, except  Cornelius it was a waste of money. It's very subtle, hardly pigmented at all and can only use is at a transition shade. Also, wouldn't buy  Wattles again either. The colour is not like it was described online. Very pigmented though.

Apart from these I really liked the rest of the eyeshadows, they are super pigmented and very blendable and "buttery", no fall-out and they stay put&pigmented the whole day, though without a primer they blur a bit.

They apply best with fingers, brushes don't pick them up that well. As for the glittery shades 
 Cheap Date and  Cuddle Buddy they apply best with a wet brush. 


I use 
 Brady and  Tang as blushes and they work great for that. 


 ULTRA MATTE LIQUID LIPSTICKS

All in all love the formula, 100% full of pigment, very nice smooth finish, not too drying, dries in seconds, but note that they are not bulletproof-transferproof, in fact they do smudge when I try to eat something. 

But anyway, I looove all the colours. 
 Though  Midi is not for me, doesn't suit me much.   Avenue  could work as a fake blood colour if not for the ugly bright fuchsia undertone..plus it stains mercilessly when misplaced and needs a strong lip colour remover to get off...and it smudges all the time, it's the least transfer proof of them all.  Chi though is my all time favourite lipstick, the colour is brilliant, looks smooth and lasts great all day! 


demo: wearing Chi ultra matte lip, Aphrodisiac blush, Lunch Money highlighter, Full zip, Cornelius


 ULTRA SATIN LIQUID LIPSTICKS

The formula seems a bit different for each satin lipstick, some are more sticky some are less sticky. 100% full of pigment, finish looks great, not bad transfer though. I love all these shades too, but my most favourite one is definitely 
  Point Zero                      


wearing Point Zero, Tang as blush
 ULTRA METALLIC LIQUID LIPSTICKS

They are also super pigmented and look pretty cool, though of course because they are metallic they are more creamy so they transfer more.

___________________________________________________________________________________________________________



Next up is their gel liner in black called Swerve and it was a disappointment, but it was just 6$ so I thought it's worth a try.

 The pigmentation is okay however you'll need a real thick layer. It's not creamy at all, just crumbly and waay too dryapplication is.. impossible.  Apparently other people (in the reviews on their website) had the same problem too so I guess it was an unlucky bad batch.
 Here is a swatch and comparison with 2 other eyeliners I own:

1. Colourpop gel liner in 'Swerve'  2. Inglot AMC gel liner in '77'  3. Neve Cosmetics Ink Me liquid eyeliner in 'Bastet'



...Moving on to the lipsticks~ 

Colourpop has an awesome selection of interesting lip colours, both those usual reds and pinks, and also some unusual, dusty and cool colours which I loove way more than the typical "conventional" lip colours. It took some time to pick just a few out of their tons of pretty looking liquid lipsticks, but I'm really happy with the colours I picked!  The descriptions were perfectly accurate for these too. And they look sooo smooth and pretty..


+Tip: Make sure your lips are moisturized and apply some foundation as base on your lips to get best colour pay off 

+Note: Chi and Point zero are very similar in colour, but Point zero is more brownish and a bit darker (and has a different finish of course) 



Overall....

___________________________________________________________________________________________________________
 For the price you get positively high quality products!  Also thanks to the prices you can build up your own whole collection of all kinds of colours, which otherwise would cost a kidney or two to buy from other brands.
CP products never irritated my skin, and I always reach for their stuff when I do my face.
In all honesty Colourpop is probably my No 1 favourite brand right now. Ok I can't even really afford to try other professional high end brands, but I'm not even interested cause I know Colourpop has like every shade out there for quarter of the price with pretty high quality&good colour pay off. ~
A huge thanks to the makeup gods for giving us Colourpop! 
 
    
___________________________________________________________________________________________________________





 

No comments:

Post a Comment